Monday, February 4, 2013

Idea No. 68 Multiple Viewpoints

Multiple viewpoints are a way to portray different perspectives in a single piece. Picasso and Braque were innovators of this and their work was described as Cubism. With multiple viewpoints a work of art is no longer just a snapshot of what the author wants to portray, but the a larger glimpse of it. This technique can be used in photography with double exposures and other forms of trick photography. Even a geothermal picture would be an example of multiple viewpoints because it shows a perspective other than what we normally see.

I own a lot of concert or festival posters that I believe would serve as a style of multiple viewpoints not mentioned within our reading. I'd like to use multiple viewpoints within an intricate artwork inspired by these. I immediately think of ink and watercolor. As well as the use of psychedelic art with its characteristics of collage and distortion. Subject matter may consist of a female figure and nature; living in the present/in the moment. Everything would not be visible at once and it would take the viewer a few extra glances to capture the essence of my artwork as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment