A series is a group of works by an artist that either
represents a period of time of their work, a certain style, or even a narrative.
When thinking of series, there is usually a certain theme that unites all of
the works. While these works can stand alone; the works in a series come
together to represent a bigger idea that the artist wanted to get across to their
viewers. According to Barnett Newman, the works in series have fuller meaning
when viewed together rather than separately.
I’ve given thought of exploring the idea of a creating a series
for an art show I am going to be a part of in the spring. After taking fibers
last semester I was introduced into Eco-dying. I want to use my new knowledge
of that process to create a series and further my understanding between the
parts and the whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment